Since Piney River Brewing Company was founded in 2010, we have dedicated ourselves to brewing high quality, handcrafted beers that celebrate the Ozarks.
We are an independent family-owned farm brewery located in South Central Missouri. Every day presents new challenges and opportunities in our small business, and we seek imaginative and innovative people that are passionate about craft beer to join our award-winning brewery team. You could be the lucky person that gets to work here:
And play with us in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways and Mark Twain National Forest:
And if you’re really lucky, you could get to take part with us in some things like this:
Our Brewing Team:
To join our team, you must be enthusiastic. You must be energetic. You must want to get out of bed each morning with a desire to work your butt off making excellent beer.
At Piney River Brewing, we don’t believe in releasing bad beer, and you must feel the same way. We want team members that love to learn. We are looking for team members that want to improve themselves and Piney River Brewing.
Do you think you’re up for the challenge?
Position & Job Description: Brewer/Cellar Person
- Brew various styles of beers accurately and efficiently following standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Cellar work efficiently following standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment throughout the brewery.
- Ensure Piney River Brewing’s quality standards and safety standards are met.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Maintaining and Cleaning Equipment: This includes fixing valves, pumps, mill, brew kettle, etc.
- Keeping designated section clean: includes scrubbing of fermenters top to bottom to clean residual soil. Floors should be scrubbed, blow off buckets cleaned and gravities taken daily.
- Producing wort to recipe specifications, pH checks, and accurately maintaining brew logs.
- Fermenter and bright beer tank cleaning: Follow SOPs to clean and sanitize vessels.
- Willingness to work at a very fast pace yet be precise in your daily tasks.
- Be safety minded and follow brewery safety guidelines.
- Harvest yeast cleanly and be familiar with lab processes and quality control standards.
- Be flexible to rotate shifts and work different hours, i.e. early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- Assist other brewery staff on daily tasks as needed.
- Paperwork: Clear and concise documentation of all brew processes.
- Ability to use the forklift responsibly and efficiently.
- Transfer beer from Fermenter to Bright Tank
- Carbonation of beer
- Operation of testing devices and lab equipment such as pH meter, refractometer, CO2 measurement, ATP meter, and microscope.
- Represent Piney River Brewing at industry-related events at brewery functions a few times throughout the year.
Knowledge and Skill Required
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and to think critically.
- Knowledge of brewing process and raw materials.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to function as part of a team as well as individually.
- Strong understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Commitment to quality and safety.
- We prefer two or more years of brewing experience in a production setting and/or degree from an accredited brewing school.
- Able to take initiative.
- Ability to work safely near moving parts and machinery.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Requires positive interaction with fellow employees.
- Patience and humility.
- Must be willing to learn and mentor newer employees
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds (ex. Kegs, bags of malt, yeast brink) and move 150 lbs. regularly.
- Standing, walking, and bending for 8-10 hour shifts
- Climb and spend extended periods of time on ladders and scissor lifts.
- Can complete your job with loud noises, wet environments and in extreme heat.
- Ability to crawl on hands and knees to clean and/or repair and be in confined, small spaces for a short period of time.
- Must be able to have full use of arms and legs, and ability to focus up close and at a distance.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus; either with or without accommodation.
This position is full time. Hours may vary, as necessary for successful business operations.
Pay is negotiable, depending on experience.
We offer six paid holidays, paid time off, educational opportunities and allowances, discounts on beer and merchandise.
If you are hardworking, motivated individual with a positive attitude, we would love to hear from you. Interested applicants should send cover letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com and reference “Brewer” in subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Piney River sexual harassment and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual preference or disability is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Piney River Brewing Company
15194 Walnut Grove Drive
Bucyrus, MO 65444